Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's so quiet

I don't have a camera for the whole month because Eugene took it with him! So I won't be able to take Russell's 3rd month picture unless someone can loan me a camera!!

At 3 months, Russell makes the most adorable cooing and gurgling sounds. I am also proud to say that he can sleep for about 6 hours straight after his night time bath and feed. Wonderful for me because I get uninterrupted sleep. Still some ways to go before he is like Renee, sleeping for 12 hours straight when she was about 2 months old. Well, can't be too fussy, as long as he is healthy. Met a grandmother at Dr. Vas' clinic last week who was amazed at Russell's size. At 2 months 3 weeks, Russell is the same size as her grandson who is 5 months (not to mention same weight at 6.8kg). She said dunno why her grandson keeps waking up throughout the night and can't seem to grow. We are indeed lucky to have a chunk-of-meat-son!

After 3 months of maternity leave, I am supposed to return to work yah? Well, I have opted to take an extra 3 months of no pay leave to take care of him, same as I did with Renee. I have to admit this time is much tougher as I have Renee to take care of too. I just tell myself that once this age of innocence passes, no amount of money can buy it back.

Just an observation, Renee is now more receptive of people around her. She was taken care of during the day by my in-laws since she was 6 months old. It is only lately that she has come to recognize my parents as her grandparents and by acknowledging them as "gong-gong" and "po-po". For the longest time, she would only know how to call "yeh-yeh" and "nai-nai". I feel much better now as I felt my parents were being left out. All works out for the best yah!

I didn't think I would miss Eugene this much because without him it gets really boring. The weekend is so quiet especially when my in-laws bring Renee out with them. Oh well, it's only 4 weeks. Not sure whether he gets a few days off before starting work when he returns cos we got to start our massive search for our dream home again.

Ok, back to my lonely packing.

No comments: