Me lah. This morning got up at 4.30am to excruxiating pain in my left boobie. When I removed my blanket, I began to shiver uncontrollably. I shivered till my whole body was aching. It was the same kind of shivering and aches I had when the epidural was working during labor. I thought I would never have to go through that again.
Then my temperature shot up to 39.9 degrees C. I guessed as much I was getting a breast infection. I suffered in bed for two hours till my in-laws woke up and by that time I was giddy and wanted to throw up. I stayed in bed till 9am and then attempted to have breakfast. I called my good friend QQ to check with her as she had the same thing when her son was 2 months. I had heard her horror story and was so terrified that I would have to go through what she went through.
I made my way to Dr. Chen's clinic in Punggol and she said it was probably a start of an infection and prescribed me with antibiotics. I have to pump the infected breast and throw away the milk and supplement Russell with powdered milk as she didn't want him to drink infected milk. Too much information? Best part is I have already packed up the breast pump. Had to go dig it out from Box No. 2!!! Which i packed ages ago!!
How does a breast get infected? Well, it is possibly because the milk did not get drained out completely and stays in the breast. When this milk accumulates, it causes an infection. If you don't do anything about it, an operation may be necessary. Ouch.
On hindsight, maybe I forgot to do the left right, right left, left right feeding causing one boobie to be un-cleared. Better be more conscious of this after the infection clears.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Get well soon! Ya you need to be as kiasu as me! express left,right,left.. every 4hrs! Ha ha!
Have to be kiasu man, that kind of pain I don't want to go through again!!
My friend just told me her son weighs 7.5kg at 2mths man!!
wah lao, power siah!
Post a Comment