I called the same movers that helped us move to Dunman View to come down for a quotation. Previously when we moved from Punggol to Dunman View, we paid about $400. Now, it will cost us $550 to go to one location (my in-laws) or $600 to go to two locations (in-laws and my parents house). Goodness! Just 8 months makes so much difference? The guy explained that diesel prices have gone up, etc etc. My mother said because we are living in a condominium so he is taking us for a ride. Hmmmm......after considering the two options, I think we will just send all our stuff to my in-laws because if we split the loot into 2, we will have to fork out another considerable sum when we move to our new place. I couldn't believe it when the guy said we needed about 50 boxes!! sure or not???
My in-laws have been packing and throwing away tonnes of stuff from their own place to make room for our things. 50 boxes is no joke, I think more like 40 boxes lah......They are even talking about throwing away their fridge and Eugene's and Serene's old beds to make room for our own bed. I aso called the Lock and Store near my office and a space to store our stuff will cost $450 per month, to which my MIL totally objected to. Plus each carton costs $5, wow.
Today, Russell turns 3 months old. Last month, he discovered his hands, he will suck ferociously at it for minutes till it is all slimy. When he is hungry during the night, he will start sucking on his hands first. It is this sucking sound that will wake me up. It is amazing how when babies are bigger, they don't start crying the moment they open their eyes. He is now able to respond when you talk to him, that toothless smile is worth millions! He also kicks like nobody's business. Leave him in his cot and come back and his whole body would have migrated to the edge, now we know what the bumper is for!
Today, when I went to pick Renee from school, Teacher Shirley said, don't know why she is so serious when she is at school, never smile. Hmm??? She is NOT serious when she is at home with me!!! Totally naughty and playful, I couldn't believe what the teacher said. MIL says Renee also behaves very well when they bring her to church. Hmm....must be Mummy then. She must love to bully me.
I brought my in-laws and my dad to eat our favorite WTM at Tembling Road. Since it is a weekday, we didn't have to wait too long and my in-laws loved it, now they understand why Eugene can eat a $4 plate and then some. I told Eugene we were going to eat it and he was like, "damn". hahahaha.......
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment