Sunday, June 8, 2008

Outing with my kids

Before Eugene left for his trip, he told me that I'd most likely have to change the batteries in the car as it was already 1.5 years old and it had been taking a second longer to start than usual. True enough, before my parents, Russell and I left for dinner last night, the car couldn't start. So, we ended up taking my dad's car to Shangri-la instead. I called AA and asked them to come by the house at 11pm to change the batteries. Why so urgent? I was having a girls' gathering today and I was bringing my two rascals along so I needed the car.

Before we left for dinner last night, I was talking to Renee about where Mummy would be going with Russell and that she would be following her nai-nai and yeh-yeh. She said ok. When the time came for Russell and myself to leave, she cried her eyes out. I wanted to bring her along but without Eugene it is pretty difficult, especially if she doesn't behave. Last night she had nightmares throughout the night, as if to tell me that she was fearful of being left behind by me. This morning she clung on to me for dear life. I was going to bring her and Russell to Serena's house anyway, but I gave her a choice. Her nai-nai also kept asking her to go along with them as my MIL was doubtful I could handle both of them myself. I was kinda delighted that she choose to follow me. Thank goodness she was very cooperative and sat in her car seat without kicking up a fuss while I sat in the front to drive. She also got along really well with Dylan, no fighting over toys?? I was totally surprised!

Had a great time with my girlfriends having yummy chicken rice, bak chang, mui choi with chicken and double boiled pork rib soup. Our get together was mainly to catch up with YY before she gives birth. (YY, I say we'll probably see you at TMC this coming week ha ha).

Today's outing went well, no need for any hospital visit this time (touch wood) and we headed back around 4 pm. It's almost 10 pm and the kids are asleep. Time for me to hit the sack too - exhausted man!

No comments: