how many parents are experiencing or have experienced dealing with a difficult 2 year old kid. As I mentioned some blogs ago, Renee has been really naughty and I wonder how much worse it can get.
I analysed some time back about why we as parents say "no" or "stop it" to our kids.
1) what they are doing is really dangerous
2) they are not conforming to OUR way of doing things
3) we are too lazy to clean up their mess
I have started scolding Renee more intesively these past few days and just in time for Eugene to come back to be the "good guy". I asked her do you love Mummy? She says "no, I love papa". Major sting.
Defiance and whinning all the time has pushed me to pure tiredness sometimes and that explains the scoldings. The standing at the wall punishment doesn't work on her, she enjoys it. She doesn't understand it is a punishment. Today, I was actually relieved when my in-laws took her out with them. So ironic since I have been "fighting" to be with her at all times in the past.
This is what it must truly feel like to be a parent. When the kids are younger, they can't argue, hit back, talk back and glare back at you. Here is where I need to collect myself and convince myself that we can get through this stage of growing up. After Renee turned 2, her language skills picked up really fast and now that she is able to verbalise her feelings and wants, she is taking this to a whole new level. I have to admit I wasn't prepared for this learning curve to be so steep for me.
Good luck to anyone who's out there in my position.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment