Thursday, March 20, 2008

Renee the Terror

Today, Renee finally got to wear her own uniform! She woke up really late as the weather was fantastic and also because she had a terrible nightmare at 4.15am. Took about 45 minutes to calm her down. I swear it is because her grandparents get her so worked up and excited during the day, she is never like that when I am in charge. That makes 3 nightmares in 2 weeks. Luckily I have been having a good nap in the afternoons otherwise waking up to tend to two rascals would be impossible.
Didn't manage to get a good shot of her in her uniform, as she saw the camera and she insisted on using it herself. Will try to get another shot and load it on Monday. Anyways, she was so delighted to see the uniform, maybe because she thinks she is part of the "in" crowd now......hee hee.....

Not so yesterday, when she bit two of her classmates. One on the finger, one on the arm. MIL said the bite mark on the boy's hand (hence Renee the Terror) was pretty bad - BIG some more!!

I suspect it is because the boy was playing with a toy and she wanted in on the action. Her favoritest phrase now is "I do, I do", she insists on doing EVERYTHING herself. From feeding herself to bathing herself to wearing her own clothes. We let her do these tasks herself as I suppose this is the way kids learn? But when her classmate didn't let her "I do", she must have gotten mad at him and hence THE BITE. How how how?
Yesterday, my Auntie Rosie came to visit me. She is over 70 years old, uses a walking stick and is hard of hearing. It really humbles me to think that she went out of her way to take a bus in her condition to come and visit little old me. Plus it was RAINING! When we were living in Punggol, she also took 3 buses and 2 hours to come and visit me when Renee was born. Wow......

No comments: