Saturday, March 15, 2008

Post Natal

Went to see Dr. Chen for my post natal check up yesterday. Among one of the questions she brought up was whether we will be having number 3. Err....not anytime soon man! Me thinks our family is just perfect as it is now. I don't think I have the energy for another, already I see the disappointment in Renee's eyes when I have to feed Russell. Luckily her grandparents are around to distract her when that happens. I suppose all will fall in place when I stop breast feeding him, around 6 months.

Monday I will start my post natal massage but I have already packed up all my maternity clothes and taken out my normal clothes. I have divided them into the:
- "no way can I ever fit into them again" pile (these went through the same sorting after my first pregnancy, due to wishful thinking that I would slim down drastically);
- "KIV after massage" pile (will try them on next week after I finish the massages);
- "I can already fit into these even though I have not started my massage" pile.

Yesterday I stood on the weighing scale and it showed 67.4 kgs, about 3 kgs more than before I became pregnant with Russell, must be due to running after Renee all these months! She was my free exercise machine, that rascal. See pictures below.....isn't that the most Rascal face?

Here's Renee in a set of clothing and hat sent by Auntie Julie and Uncle Tony.











Here she is with her Um-ber-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh-eh
.....and coconut bag from Auntie Janice....super mah-nek-nek, yes?













Here is Renee with a great toy, Junior Engineer from Growing Fun that I bought during Christmas. But that was before I decided she needs to be a pediatrician instead.
With my in-laws staying with me, she has put on quite a bit of weight these few days. They went out last week and it seems like they bought a year's supply of food for her! Cheese, Cocoa Pops, milk bolos, yakult, fish ball keropok, my goodness. When we sit at the table, she can eat and eat and eat. Just two days ago, when she was running around naked after her bath (did I mention Rascal?) I saw her tummy potruding out proudly. Oh my.......Her Drpers XL seems a bit small now, we have some trouble trying to put the sticky tape in place. Honestly, she has to go through re-programming when my in-laws leave after my confinement!
New words from Renee:
- I dun wan - longer version of "no"
- birthday to you - yes, "happy" is missing from the phrase
- schwimming now - means swimming
- one more piece - means one more piece of cheese, or when we are playing with her toys and there is a similar piece somewhere, she will refer to it as "one more piece"

No comments: