Barely 48 hours after delivering Russell, here I am at home again, very happy to be out of the hospital and updating my blog. Welcome my second mini-me, who arrived 20 days before he was due.
Hmm.....that could explain the discomfort I was feeling, I thought it was purely Russell's kicks and some Braxton Hicks. Hee hee......well, we grabbed some food at the coffee shop and headed right home to pack our stuff and give my in-laws last minute instructions on what to do for Renee. She was really sticky and cried when we said goodbye to her that night.
When we arrived at the hospital, I went straight to the observation room while Eugene went to get ourselves admitted. An hour later, Dr. Chen arrived and burst my waterbag, started the Oxytocin and shortly after that the anesthetician arrived to administer the epidural. I have to say that this time, the happidural didn't do its magic......I needed to pee really badly and the nurse gave me a bedpan. That must be THE most ridiculous equipment ever! How does one pee when their bladder is against gravity???? After 5 minutes of trying desperately to pee upwards (stupid stupid stupid), I felt a contraction coming. It was so bad and I had to buzz the nurse. She came in and two of them used a catheter to empty my bladder. Then the nurse said, wah, so much ah, no wonder you are feeling so uncomfortable. DUH.
Well, emptying my bladder did the trick. Right after that the contractions became more intense and I had the feeling of wanting to pass motion. I ended up lying sideways and screamed in pain. Eugene, who was snoring for the past hour and a half (any surprise?), finally woke up. The nurse asked me to use the lauging gas. I didn't use it previously and didn't know how to. So in my pain, I just inhaled whatever way I thought was correct. Well, of course it didn't work and tears rolled down my cheeks as I cried NO NO NO!! That finally woke Eugene and when he stood next to me, the nurse asked him to hold the mask for me.
All I can says is LAUGHING GAS IS GOOOOOOOD!!! The best thing in the world - EVER! I was in heaven!! Hee hee......still conscious, I kept indicating to Eugene the "thumbs up" sign......after 10 minutes, Dr. Chen arrived and I started pushing. Second time's the charm, they say. After three easy pushes, Russell arrived! I didn't tear so badly this time but I swear the epidural wasn't effective at all! I could feel the stitching. In out in out! I put the gas mask on again!
Will try to put more pictures later, now is time for some food, I am starving!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment