I am so freaking happy because my day to 'freedom' is fast approaching, yes, 25 days after Russell was born, we are celebrating his first month on planet Earth. Why we can't have it on 5th April (1 month after 5th March) is due to some Chinese saying that we can't have it more than 1 month after the Chinese Lunar month....ya-da-ya-da-ya-da........
Anyways, I had a wonderful shower and we are waiting for the food and guests to arrive. I asked for my confinement food to be stopped for today so i get to enjoy "normal" food.....hee hee.....actually had a bite of my favorite WTM yesterday and some soon kuey for breakfast today, plus a sip of coffee.....mmmm.....yummy!
Renee's cough has been lingering for over a week and last night, she coughed so bad till she vomited all over her bed.....again. She vomited on her bed two nights ago and I insisted that Eugene go get another mattress for her. At $55, it is not an expensive outlay, especially with two kids whom I am sure will take turns to mess themselves up, we can always alternate the mattresses while the "dirty" one dries up.
As for her nightmares, it has not let up. It happens every night around 1 am. MIL says she is "disturbed" and brought her to church for blessings. I hope it works because after she settles down, Russell will cry for his feeds. Sheesh. Did someone say the best age gap between siblings is 2 years? I agree with that statement, only when they are in their TWENTIES! Not when they are 2 and 0.....ai-ya-ya.....
Personally, I think she is just feeling left out and is trying to get our attention. For meals, ILs will lay 4 or 5 different options on the table. When she rejects one, she is offered another. Makes for a fussy and choosy eater, don't you think? I think we should just have 1 option, eat it or lose it. If she is hungry, she will eat it eventually. Yes, that is what the books write, I swear I am not being Mummy Dearest. ILs are worried she will go hungry so hence the different choices. Re-programming needed there. Just this morning at 6 am, she opened her eyes and asked for milk. Ok, Mummy will get it for you. She followed me to the kitchen and after mixing a bottle in the Duck pattern bottle, she said she wanted the milk in the Bear pattern bottle. Yes, at 6am she threw a fit. I said, no option, milk is the same. Should we give a 2 year old so many choices? Am I being harsh? Anyways, I am thinking of bringing her out tonight for some pampering. No harm right? I miss the "old" Renee totally!
Long blog, sorry about that guys. Frustration and a need to vent. Guess being confined for so long does that to you, huh? Must be the lack of Vitamin D.
Will load some photos of our party tomorrow.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment