Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tomorrow we can sleep in!

Tomorrow, Mummy and Daddy are off as we have to take block leave. Should we still send Renee to school? I am in a dilemma. On one hand I want to spend as much time as I can with her but if I let her have such a long break from school, we have to start all over with the separation trauma again next week.

I can see she is becoming very scared to be left alone by me. I am not sure if she is starting to think that I am abandoning her every morning. As it is, when we go out together, she doesn't want to be carried by her father. I have to carry her a lot but after a while, I just have to put her down. Even when she is in the pram, she will check ever so often who is pushing her along. She will scream in protest when her father is pushing it even though I am walking right next to her. Once I take over the pushing, she will settle down and be contented. Hmm......just that carrying a watermelon all day and having to deal with the crying and the carrying at the end of a long workday can be a bit of a strain.

I try my best to accommodate her requests to play, sit next to her, walk with her when she asks me to even though sometimes I just want to lay there and sleep. Maybe I am overcompensating due to my "guilt"? But I just can't refuse her innocent look when she asks me to. Just the week that past, I can see she is becoming just a degree more "naughty", is she picking it up from school? On Sunday, she just refused to put on her diapers after sitting on the potty. She just pranced round and round me and I couldn't get the diapers on. I just sat there and cried in exasperation! It was really difficult to get up and chase her so I just waited till Eugene came upstairs to help me grab her. Even with his help, we took a while to get the diaper on, by which time the sticky tape was no longer sticky. Sigh....

Tonight we are visiting Dr. Chen for my I-don't-know-how-many-weeks check up. There is a detailed scan today and I am looking forward seeing Russell. Actually, I am looking forward to giving birth, then I can take a long long break!

No comments: