Monday, February 25, 2008

Pon-tang!

Ha ha, got your attention!

Renee started having rashes on her upper torso on Saturday after her afternoon nap. I took out the trusty old Calamine lotion and it seemed to work for the start but in the middle of the night, when her sleep was not so deep, the itchiness woke her up. I decided to take the wait and see approach so Sunday night, I tried the same thing. No improvement. She woke Eugene and myself up at 3am with her cries. So today, Renee got to "pon-tang" school....and so did Mummy and Daddy! "Pon-tang" work!! ha ha......

I decided to take this opportunity to bring her to the well-known Dr. Vasanthi at Kinder Clinic at Parkway. I have been wanting to check with her how to get her to attend to Russell after he is born. She is a really friendly doctor, her physical appearance really did not match the image that I had of her! Not that I don't like Dr. Ong, it's just that his clinic is at United Square which is really out of the way for me if I am going to have to take Russell for his jabs without Eugene. Parkway is ideal because I can take him when Renee is at school. Well, Dr. Vas says it could be a combination of allergy to some food (maybe the chicken wings at Ikea or the prata at Hollywood!!) and maybe heat rash, plus sweating causes fungus......hmmm.....well, the bill came up to $140. No complaints at all, I just pay as it "heals" me...ha ha....Janice and I joke about this all the time. The money we pay is firstly to placate ourselves, then we just cross our fingers the medicine and creams work for the baby!! Being a pediatrician must be the best job in the world, babies and toddlers don't know how to complain, and when they do know how to, they would probably forget the idiot doctor that always liked to stick a needle in his butt.

Anyways, what Dr. Vas said about Johnson's products came as a shock to me, you would think that Johnson's is a BABY product right? Apparently the fragrance could be the thing that irritates Renee's sensitive skin (of all the things she inherits from Eugene, it is sensitive skin). She recommended Cetaphil, which to me sounds totally medicinal and harsh. I bought two bottles at about $30, and tried it on Renee during her bath tonight. It doesn't have the foam and suds that I am accustomed to and I have a hard time believing something "soapless" can do a good cleaning job. Well, we'll see how it goes tonight......hopefully no more "pon-tang" tomorrow...hee hee...

2 comments:

karen :) said...

hey, i think so too! I used a Johnson's moisturizer on Athena tt other day, she got rushes too!!!!

So confirm it's the J-products.

Cheers,
Karen

littlepeoplebigpersonalities said...

so wierd right? She has been using Johnson's all along then suddenly got reaction to it. Crazy!

anyways, congrats on the teeth! remember Renee had two lower teeth when she was born.....lagi ouch man!