Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's all coming together

Hi folks,

Today, Renee cried just a little when I left her at school. When I walked away, I saw her settling down at the breakfast table! Amazing! Finally, some breakthrough after 3 weeks! I hope I wasn't seeing things because I was in a rush to get to work so I didn't really stay long to get a "truer" picture - if there was one!

Why was I rushing to work? It has been one mad rush ever since my colleague went on long leave during the CNY holidays. The struggle was not to send Renee too early to school since she was in a new environment and I couldn't bear to leave her crying to wait around till her other classmates and teachers arrived. So, my ever-supportive father has been coming round to pick me up from the school around 8.10am and we'll both be just in time for work at 8.30am. My delivery and warehouse team will be waiting for me to release orders and give any last minute instructions. Imagine doing all that with a big watermelon in front of you!

Now, with all the stresses associated with being the one who sends a teary kid to school and rushing to work where everyone looks to me for answers, I have to give myself a treat right?

I have booked my post-natal package with Rustic Nirvana. I see how Nadya Hutagalong and Zoe Tay look after their treatment, and I think my dollar will give me the same result (?dillusional?) hee hee......my other excuse is that I stinged on my previous post natal massage and this one includes a baby massage. Since I expect not to have another kid (it is really tiring and expensive, my dears), I should just go all out with slimming down, right?

My hospital bag is more or less packed. I have booked my confinement food package (looking forward to pig trotters!). The new cot is arriving next Wednesday. My daughter is settling down at school. What else is there to do but wait for the prince's arrival?

Take antibiotics for Group B Strep? Yes, folks, I tested positive for Group B Streptococcus. Sigh, this pregnancy has been one "issue" after another. I had to take a longer lunch today to drive all the way to Punggol to get my medicine. But I did that so that I can pick up my darling daughter early today. Yesterday her grandparents sent her back at 9.30pm and she was already sleeping. Half an hour in the mornings with her is just too little time for bonding.

No comments: