Yes I mean Accident and Emergency....the casualty? Renee......
The day started out normal enough, 4 of us getting ready to attend Bohe's solemnisation. Thereafter, a gathering at my good friend YY's house. Today we had a girl's afternoon. Wonderful tea and good laughs with my closest girl friends.
YY's due early July so today's gathering was geared towards labour pains, baby talk and child safety. Specifically child-proofing our houses for the sakes of our precious ones. We were removing piece after piece of breakable stuff from Renee's reach and I casually mentioned perhaps we need to move the coffee table as well. Not 5 mins after that remark, Renee did something I have seen countless times. She looked up and shook shook shook her head. I think she must have lost her balance and she fell and hit the coffee table.....or rather, the coffee table hit her....hee hee.......her mouth hit the edge of the table and it started to bleed.....a lot.....she has hit her mouth many times before and we have seen blood before but this time the bleeding was non stop and she was histerical. I told myself to keep calm as if I was panicky I am sure she would have been even more histerical. Well, my wonderful friends suggested we go to the A&E and we were off within minutes. YY drove Mel and myself with my two kids to KK A&E and boy were there a lot of "emergencies". We got a queue number at 5.47pm and we were given a priority line. My dear friend Serena was on the way home and she passed the hospital and decided she had to join us as well. Bless you girls!
Eugene met up with us shortly after that. We finally got to see the doctor around 6.45pm and thereafter a dentist and were advised that Renee's gums were lacerated, ie the gum was pushed upwards. Apparently the doc said he could see the bone....ewww.....and if we did not rectify it, her gums could become infected. Ai-yoh....normal day, my foot......Anyway, he said she was lucky that she didn't hit her teeth cos that could have halted the growth inside the gums or something......sorry, I could see his mouth moving but not everything went past my eardrums.......he lost me at "I can see the bone"......
Since Renee had consumed something prior to the coffee table hitting her, we had to wait till 8.30pm till the dentist could stitch her gums. Seven, count them, seven stitches in all, my friends. She was given a sedative and I had to leave the room. The procedure was over in a short while and she was taken to the observation room, where she finally woke up around 11pm. Eugene and I left shortly before she woke up as we had Russell with us and we didn't want him staying at the hospital any longer. Her grandparents stayed by her side and brought her home after the doctor gave his review. We were finally reunited around 11.30pm at home but she was in a deep deep sleep. Sigh. We are due for another review with the dentist in a week to check whether her teeth and the gums are ok.
She's now sleeping soundly and I think she may wake up when she feels hungry. Look out for my update.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment