Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The weather's ridiculous

I decided to bring Renee to the doctor again yesterday since her cough returned. But MIL said we should bring her to see a Chinese sinseh instead since the Western medicine seems to have no effect on her. So we trudged to Whampoa Blk 93 to see him. He operates from a HDB flat and only starts work at 1 pm. Anyway, sinseh says Renee has to stay away from cold drinks, ice cream, sweets, chocolates and fruits! Fruits can you believe it? And all the things that she loves, poor thing! And he gave her this bottle of powder to be mixed with water and drunk three times a day. Wow, that has been challenging cos it smells and tastes funky......oh well, let's see how it goes.


I didn't write in my blog that the glass from one of the light fixtures in the playrom cracked and crashed to the floor last Wednesday. I thought nothing of it, just thankful that Renee and I were in the living room when it happened. We are always in the playroom and were just in there minutes before it happened. Then it happened again last evening, another one cracked and crashed - this time in the living room! Someone up there must be watching out for us because we were not in the living room this time. Geez. FIL went to remove all the glass fixtures in the house and it seems there are about 9 pieces that already had cracks in them. The weather's been really hot these few days and I wonder it that had anything to do with it because of the expansion and contraction of the glass.


I met Yu lao shi when I sent Renee to school today and she said the school will most likely close down due to the HFMD. Apparently, 3 of the children take the school bus with some children from another school and those children passed the disease to 2 of the kids from Renee's school. Hopefully with the closure, the spread will be controlled.


Tomorrow, we are attending Bohe and Nan See's solemnisation at Seletar Country Club. It starts at 11.45am and we need to reach there around 11am. Counting backwards, means we need to start getting ready around 9am. Yes, with two rascals and myself to get ready, it takes forever! Renee will run around without her pants after peeing and it takes some convincing to get her to put them on again. Russell poos and pees plenty. Yesterday FIL picked out some yummy Durian from Geylang and I ate a heap of it. I think that is why his poo was all bubbly this morning. No, not bubbly, frothy now that I think about it. Renee had some durian too. Wait, do I hear you asking, isn't durian fruit? It was the last time I checked but MIL says durian is not so cooling, so ok. Ohhh-kaaaayyyyy.........moving on.......


Will try to get some pictures at the ROM tomorrow!

No comments: