Thursday, April 3, 2008

Caffeine....

....is a drug yes? I had a little lapse yesterday, was craving for the taste of Nescafe Rich 3-in-1 and MIL said ok lah, confinement nearly over, have a cup lah. Wow! 2 hours later, I had this massive headache that lasted till I decided I could take it no more. I reached for the Panadol and by 1am, I was all better. Abstaining from it for so many days must have cleansed my system. Should I give up my favorite beverage? How ironic, I used to have to drink coffee to PREVENT headaches!

As the end of my confinement draws nearer, I look back and feel extremely thankful for all the help my in-laws have given us. I know I sound ungrateful and skeptical all the time but I am sure when you are young, you just hate listening to your elders, especially when you know they are right and mean well. In fact, I can't ask for better in-laws and grandparents for my children. They really go all out to do everything for us. Sometimes I just roll my eyes when they overdo it. But, hey, which MIL will mop the floor everyday for you? Iron the clothes (pjs and bedsheets included) and wash the dishes (cos I am not supposed to touch water) when I feel perfectly ok to do it myself. I can see that the skin on my MIL's palm starting to peel from using the Ru Yi You on Russell's tummy. From experience, you shouldn't be touching water after using the oil. I tried it when I was taking care of Renee and I felt like I had arthritis on my hand.

The only reason I can think of to explain my skepticism is that we have different views/ways/methods of raising children.

So, as I look back, I can see that Russell's face has changed so much from the time that he was born. His cheeks have filled out, the pjs that use to be too loose on him are now fitting (his toes now reach the end of the footie), his chicken thighs are now piglet thighs (complete with folds, same with Renee) resembling lotus roots (leng aw/lian ou).

He must be getting a lil' somethin' somethin' from the breast milk I have been feeding him, makes the multiple feeds at night all worth it. I have eaten well the past month but it is time to stop the meat meat and more meat and pig innards for every meal, it wrecks havoc on my cholesterol, as was the case during my last confinement!

Cheers and see you on the other side soon! Hopefully, caffeine is part of that world!

No comments: