what am I doing at this hour making a blog entry??? after waking from a restless deep sleep (make sense?) I feel kinda refreshed. Four hours of imagining picking up that last deflated balloon that Renee left strewn around her playroom can make you crazy even during slumber. I have been down with the flu and I have been taking a tablet of chlorphineramine (aka the little yellow tablet that makes you drowsy as shit) every night. I weighed the pros and cons. Pros: get well. Con: makes waking up for nighttime feeds damn torturing.
Fortunately, Russell has his own way of waking me up. After each 2 or 3 or 4 am feed, he blasts away. I have learned over the last few days that he needs to blast away for about 4 or 5 times before he is done. Changing after hearing the first bomb is too soon. Many a good, unsuspecting diaper has been lost in battle this way. So I will take off his pants (not the diaper, mind you, that would be disastrous) and go pee, take a drink, boil some water, blow my nose and then return to do the task. Last night, he pooed BIG TIME. The walls were beautifully decorated and if I didn't have my hands full (of shit), I would have grabbed my camera and done some CSI work. Why he doesn't poo so much during the day time (when i need to be awake) beats me. Maybe he just wants to wake me up: "hey mummy, I am awake, why are you still in lala land?" Well, poo on the wall works well.
Finally brought Renee to see Dr Ong for her cough and flu. 3 weeks is just too long man. He said the mucus in her nose is greenish which indicates infection. She now has 4 different medicines to take including an antibiotic. I should have brought her to see the doc earlier for my own peace of mind. But Dr. Vas has been on leave and I didn't want to go all the way to United Square (note to myself: you are stupid plain and simple). What made me decide to bring her to see the doc? Puking at Borders in Parkway. That's right, if the security cameras are recording all her puking sessions, we may be BANNED from Parkway pretty soon. Anyway, Dr Ong says strictly no going out for the next 5 days, dashing my plans for eating my fav WTM this weekend. Hopefully the medicine cures her in time for Auntie Kai Chee and Uncle Yat Bin's 50th wedding anniversary this Tuesday. Which reminds me, I have been wanting to call my cousin Gayle since she returned to Singapore on Monday. Gayle, if you are reading this, I will try to call you Saturday afternoon during my pedicure session. Yes, I am leaving the kids with Eugene for about 2 hours. No problem he said. Ha ha, let's see if he can get by without calling me.
Ok, water has boiled, I have drunk a whole glass of water and I should be going off to catch up on my sleep now. Make another entry soon.
G'night!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment