Finally!! After months of nagging, Eugene understands my stand on being with the kids early after work so that we spend more time with them before they turn in at night. My PILs usually pick my SIL after work to send her to her different branches or home and the kids will follow them. On those ocassions, most times they don't send the kids back till 10plus and sometimes 11. Way too late for kids in my opinion. Well, after months of scowling at him whenever that happens, last week he agreed to my suggestion to drive to where my PILs were waiting for my SIL at Giant Tampines. Thank goodness! My SIL didn't finish work till 10pm! The kids would have been sent back at 11plus for sure! Last evening, Eugene even suggested we pick the kids up from Giant! Without my asking! To me, that's a great improvement from when he didn't understand my constant scowling.
Last Friday, SIL was doing her rounds as usual. When I asked MIL what time they would be done, the answer, "Dunno leh". Well, I didn't want to settle for that kind of uncertainty and decided to meet up with them. Sembawang, Yishun, Ang Mo Kio, wherever, I was willing to take the darn MRT to spend the evening with my kids. In the end, we managed to set our meeting at Centrepoint. 7pm became 8pm but that was ok! At least it wasn't 11pm.
I tell you Robinsons was really quiet for a Friday night. I think everyone was at the IT Fair at Suntec City. So we were at the shoe section and my daughter had a field time! Thank goodness the sales ladies were so idle otherwise they might have scolded Renee for trying on all the wedges and stilettos!! Off came her flat, orange, Snoopy sandals and on came the red, white, blue, black heels. I rolled my eyes! Here she is in action....look at the concentration!


By the way, the dress she has on is for a 5 yr old toddler, fits her well I must say. MIL weighed her at Ikea the other day. The scale read 19.5 kg. Geez.
3 comments:
great that u get to spend more time with your kids.... perseverance pays off!
19.5kg ?!?!?!?! Are you sure or not, woman !!!!
super sure! went to the PD the other day and it was 19kg. It sure feels like it when I carry her man!
Post a Comment