Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The little one climbs

The little rascal has discovered the "joys" of climbing stairs, or rather crawling up the stairs. He pants and grunts with such glee with each step he ascends. Sheesh, so much for staying in a double storey house. I've started to let him climb up himself and Renee and myself will cheer him on. Renee from the top of the stairs while I cup my hands at his butt to prevent any tumblings. I don't know which is more tiring, carrying him up or following him up in a half-crawl myself.


He had his jab and check up on Saturday and Dr. Vas reminded us to TALK to him. Very often, parents and grandparents will give the older child more attention and neglect the younger one. If he points to something, we're to tell him what it is, otherwise if we just hand him whatever he points to, he'll think there is no need to say anything and he'll get what he wants. I must say it struck me right there, it's so true that since Renee and I can have a conversation and Russell can't, I don't really talk to him. So....there, I have started to make a conscious effort to talk to him.


When Renee was still a baby, she'd make lots of noises and sounds and I always replied back to her in similar noises (sounds primitive I know) but Russell is more of an observer, sucking his thumb constantly and just watching as his sister sings about the alphabet she learnt in class.


Next milestone should be walking yah? Tiring man! Don't know how my in-laws do it for the whole day!

No comments: