Monday, March 2, 2009

No overseas trips for now....

I can't imagine bringing 2 kids on an airplane without 8 extra pairs of hands and a whole lot of patience. So you can imagine my mood yesterday when we went to Singapore Expo for the Natas travel fair. My parents-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law were planning to go to Japan in April and there was Bike Asia (no wonder Eugene was so excited to join the damned crowd!) at the Expo too. So, I kenna dragged there. Poor me! I'd rather go for a back massage anytime.

There were countless fairs going on at the same time so you can imagine the madness. We went to the Baby Fair first since Eugene and my SIL and BIL were not there yet. We were approached by a lady from Siglap CC asking us to enrol Russell in a baby competition. Hmm.....will think about it lah....Here's Renee on a train ride, which she bugged us to let her sit on. After paying money and getting on, when the ride started, she had this fearful expression on her face and she kept looking in my direction as if to save her! Wah lao, for $3, I was not gonna let her get off! Each time she passed me, she'd call me in a weak voice, "MAHMMY". Ha ha ha.....

After waiting for an hour for my BIL and SIL, FIL said we should go into the travel fair exhibiton first. Eugene and I won't be travelling anytime soon so I wasn't really keen to go in. In fact I saw handbag sale that I wanted to go to but FIL said, "pay my Mastercard, got $1 discount!" OKAAYYY......

Pay entrance fees to see travel destinations that we can't travel to, bash through a barrage of a million (irritating kiasu) people with a pram, bags, pamphlets, 2 babies and 6 balloons or go indulge in handbags? Hmm....difficult choice there man!

Anyway, my in-laws booked a package to Japan in May, I mean they were in there for 5 freaking hours only. Sheesh. Someone pissed me off while we were in the queue to pay the entrance fee and I just turned around and let her have it. It was a wonderful empowering, stress-relieving moment for me! No crowds for me in the near future!

2 comments:

Jan said...

totally agree. kai sing & i are like ALLERGIC to crowds - with or without kids!!!!

Unknown said...

You are not alone. Having 2 kids = no overseas trips. And by the time that you feel that they are old enough, then sorry, it means that they are in Primary School and then got to wait till school holidays then can go and squeeze with everybody.
Nowadays, when I go overseas (read: Malaysia or Cruise to Malaysia only), I will always ask my mum along ..... hee hee cos another pair of extra hands is better than nothing. Furthermore, my husband is like Tua Pek Gong, he seldom (read: never) lift his fingers to help me.
So, my holidays are confined to Malaysia, cos got to pay for my family (4 of us) + my parents (2). Very siong if go somewhere faraway.
Sigh...........