Oh boy oh boy, what a bad day it was for Renee and Mummy today! I thought it would get better as the days passed.
Today, Renee woke up at 4 am and wanted to sleep with us. Oh-kaaay......never mind, just do as she asks then we can all go back to sleep. Then when she woke up at 7.30am, she asked for her milk but when I gave it to her, she didn't want to drink it. Those who know her drinking pattern will know right away that something is not right. So I offered her a muffin, she nodded enthusiastically. But when I got the muffin all ready for her, she took 2 bites and that was it, she didn't want anymore. Mummy was not deterred and I got her ready for school. When we walked pass the school, she showed signs of enthusiasm again. But when she saw and tasted the oats in her breakfast bowl, she didn't want to eat it. Oh-kaaay, looks like she's like her Mummy who hates oats too.
Classes started at 9.05am today and Mummy stayed at a distance. Renee was having a good time washing her hands at the sink and didn't want to join the group. She actually said "bye" to me so I thought I would take the opportunity to leave the room after saying "bye" back to her. Amazingly, she didn't follow. I left the room to finish up the administrative matters with Mdm Goh and it was only then I saw her face plastered to the glass door and crying like there was no tomorrow. I remembered what Eugene said to me yesterday, "you better control yourself ah". Yesterday I thought it was a ridiculous statement, but today, I had to take it seriously and not burst out crying in front of Mdm Goh. That was really difficult!
By the time I finished up the adminstrative work, the class came out for a cake cutting session, it was Marcus' 2nd birthday and there was a great big chocolate cake. Teacher Shirley was hugging Renee and passed her to me and we reassured her that Mummy was gone a while and would come back as promised. She was still sobbing and taking short breaths but Mummy must put on a brave front.
After settling down and singing a birthday song for Marcus, Renee was enjoying her cake. After that, the children headed back for class. This time as Renee was occupied with the toys, I moved further and further from the group. Finally I told Renee I was going to the toilet and headed there. She didn't realise I was gone and by the time she did and was about to start sobbing, I returned and reassured her that I was indeed going to the toilet. Before long it was lunch time and clean up time.
She was really happy to see her Grandparents when they appeared at 12pm. Will she think that I abandon her every morning and her Grandparents come to "save her" every afternoon? Oh dear......every mother's worst nightmare.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment