Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bird's Nest with Cordyceps

I should have started this blog long ago. Inspired by Andrea and Karen who both have their own blogs, I have finally decided to launch one of my own, for my two kids, Renee and Russell. Afterall, I have documented most of Renee's milestones and crazy episodes on a Word Document - yes, I know that's really ulu - so why not start one where Mummy can share it with her friends?

Renee will be starting half day classes on 28th January 2008 at the NTUC Childcare Centre just opposite our house. We decided that proximity would be important for me as I will be walking her to and from classes when I am on maternity leave. I don't know how she will react when it starts next week....fingers crossed!

Russell is only due to arrive on 23rd March 2008 but we are already all excited and can't wait to see him! We went to get a new cot for him on Saturday and a new set of bedding on Sunday. On second thought, the new set of bedding is not just for him. It will be rotated with Renee's set. The cot is also the exact same design as Renee's. Her favorite words are "no" and "mine" at the moment, so I am just preparing for her reaction when he arrives. Hopefully, she will understand that Mummy loves both equally.

Last night, MIL prepared Bird's Nest with Cordyceps for Eugene and myself, apparently Renee also wanted to eat it, any surprise? Bad idea! She was a bouncing ball until 10pm and even then, we had to give her some milk to make her a bit drowsy. This morning, she was awake at 6.45am! I had to rush to get ready otherwise she would be wandering around the house alone.

1 comment:

Jan said...

great first post! enjoyed the pleasant writing...
jan