All I can say is: CONTRACTIONS!!! Not the real thing but I've been having really tight Braxton Hicks contractions. One day last week, I actually woke up from a jabbing pain in my right top rib and the contractions kept me awake for 2 hours.
Yesterday I visited Dr Chen for my check up and she asked me to pack my hospital bag this weekend. Eugene missed the check up as he was so busy he forgot all about it! Plus he had a last minute conference call at 8 pm. So I made my way to dinner at Compass Point myself, to the clinic myself and back to inlaws myself.....thankfully public transport is not atrocious in Singapore!
Dr Chen also asked me to take it easy, don't walk so much, don't work so hard. I was like, HUH? then how to function on a day to day basis? I have been blessed to have smooth pregnancies the last two times, I try not to let this affect my normal life. I go on with the housework, I carry pails of water to wash the balconies, I carry Renee sometimes, Russell more often (MIL says we have neglected him). I mop the floor, wash the clothes and bend down a lot to pick up toys and clothes. I squat, I sit on the floor. Somehow I feel like it will help me with an easy delivery as well.
Anyway, telling Eugene that I need to pack my bags sort of jolted him out of his day to day work stress. He's travelling to Texas for a week come next Friday. I assured him no problem! I won't deliver so early.
My next check up is April 14 and thereafter it will be fortnightly. Should baby Riley arrive early like Renee and Russell did, I hope we have another bundle of joy by April 28th!! I will be at 37 weeks then, full term. Baby is now 1.8 kg and Dr Chen noticed how both Russell and Renee were born at 3.1 kgs. She joked and wondered if we could pull a hat-trick. She's funny lah!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment