Tuesday, March 1, 2011

7 months pregnant

Visited Dr. Chen for my Glucose Test yesterday. I was there nearly the whole morning and was starving by the time I was done at 12pm! She said baby is now 1.1 kgs and should be 2 kgs in the next month and that I am at the "comfortable" stage right now. I looked at her in disbelief! What the ??? Comfortable is not the word I'd use to describe myself right now! I feel so tired, tight and I've had Braxton Hicks for some weeks now, last Friday I experienced the worst of it after a long tiring week. I thought I was going into premature labor!

Anyway, the good news is that baby has turned head down already and I haven't put on too much weight. Yippee!

Also, she mentioned that Thomson is now exploding with patients. Nowadays it is so crowded that I'd have to wait in a triage. Three women sharing a room, separated by a curtain while in labor. When we're ready to deliver, the nurses will wheel us into the delivery room. OMG! So much for having a clear image of what I am to expect, the hospital layout and everything! Panic much? Anyway today I had some time to check out the meaning of the word "triage".

Here you go:
Division of patients for priority of care, usually into three categories: those who will not survive even with treatment; those who will survive without treatment; and those whose survival depends on treatment. If triage is applied, the treatment of patients requiring it is not delayed by useless or unnecessary treatment of those in the other groups. Triage originated in military medicine, when limited resources faced many wounded soldiers. It is used in civilian settings during disasters or epidemics and in emergency rooms. Triage decisions are made after relatively quick examination; patients in lower-priority groups should be reexamined periodically.

Oh boy, that sounds so horrible!!!

So she asked me to check out Mount Alvernia as an alternative. I think we'd probably just take her suggestion without going on a hospital tour. We just don't have the time!

Have just signed my 10 day home confinement package with Bella Luna. I managed to track down my previous masseuse, Kuek. Love her to bits! Will also be calling up the confinement food delivery service one of these days. Everything has gone up in price!

Oh well, last one, let's make it a good and memorable one! Ha!

No comments: