Monday, February 16, 2009

Renee turns 3

Tomorrow is Renee's 3rd birthday, I can't believe how fast time passes. I still remember three years ago today when Eugene and I were on leave as we made last minute preparations for her arrival. Dr Chen had told us to head to Thomson around midnight and we'd have Renee in our arms by afternoon the next day. The whole of the 16th, we had butterflies in our stomachs. We were so not ready for a little creature in our lives although we had soooo many weeks to ready ourselves. Well, she's our precious little girl and although she's naughty from time to time, we wouldn't have her any other way. That, and her 1 year warranty is over lah, can't return her to the shop, ie my womb. Hee.....

Here's her chocolate banana cake, from Awfully Chocolate. Now that she's old enough to understand what a birthday is and what a birthday cake is, she's really into it. She wanted to eat the cake the moment I collected it. "No, we have to eat lunch first, everyone's waiting for us, you know?" "I dun wan lunch, I wan to eat the cake!" The joy on her face when the cake was put in front of her was another moment I'll treasure forever. After blowing out the candles, she wanted to "cut, cut, cut" the cake, ie "murder" it as she'll use a chopping action. Thankfully the waitress offered to cut it up for us!

Now we just have to crack our heads for a venue for Russell's first birthday in 2 weeks. We had a bash for Renee's 1st party at Fort Canning so we need to figure something out of equal "magnitude", if possible. I want to give the kids a good one as when I was young, my parents threw a party for me every year till I was 10 and then another big one when I turned 21. Sounds trivial but I had the best memories and I am so thankful that my parents actually bothered when we could have just had something simple.

1 comment:

Daintymummy said...

Happy Birthday Renee !!!

Love: Uncle Richard, Aunty Wendy, Kayla & Kieran.