Cursing in front of the kids is a definite no-no in many parent's books. I try to practice that religiously. But when things get unbearable, it is hard to keep it in. Take last evening for example.
We went to Marine Parade hawker centre for dinner. Of course we had to share a table as it was so crowded. I spotted a table which was occupied by a man in his late forties. So I asked him, "Can we sit here?" He shook his head, to which I was very confused as he looked like he was all by himself. So I asked another question, "Is anyone sitting here?" He kept shaking his head and finally opened his golden mouth and gave me an irritated reply, "No, no-one is sitting here!" SHIT! If he had heard my initial question correctly, I wouldn't have to ask him another time right? A--h-le. So I just humbly carried my daughter and put her on one of the empty seats. I was too embarrassed to look at him. As the moments dragged on, I ran the incident in my head over and over and started to get pissed at myself and at the old fella. I wasn't at fault and I had no reason to feel embarrassed. I have this thing about me, I don't confront people on the spot, I always play the incident over and over in my head after that and keep coming up with how I should have dealt with the perpetrator or what I should have said. By that time he had gotten up and walked away. I related the incident to Eugene and by that time, my blood was boiling and I let out the "F" word - in front of Renee. Sigh. I'm sure it's gonna come out of her mouth in time to come.
Any one guilty of this?
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Me ! I was guilty of saying "S**t* in front of my 2 kids. Then they said "Orh ! Mummy said a bad word !" (repeat endlessly). Then I realised that the word just slipped from my mouth. So I had to sheepishly apologised by saying "Sorry Sorry. Mummy said a wrong word. Don't follow Mummy har !"
Hi there woman! didn't know you still follow my blog! Oh good, glad I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment