Been wanting to sit down and blog for days but just too busy.
Russell is almost 6 months old, can you believe it? Which means I need to head back to work. Yah, missed out on the new Baby Bonus scheme where there is four months of maternity leave and a bunch of other colorful incentives.
Renee's been attending Sunday school at my in-laws church, IHM in Hougang. I was against it at first but Eugene said let her try it out. Uncle Gerald also said singing is good for learning words. True enough: Just two lessons and she sings non-stop. "Praysee Lord, Praysee God" (read: Praise be to Lord, Praise be to God), Father, Amen, "Peace-see you" (read: Peace be with you) etc. Wah lao, whole afternoon singing non-stop, just a little tone deaf. Ha ha. Which started us on a hunt for a school for her. Need to work on articulation and pronounciation. She will be starting a twice a week, 2 hour class this coming Friday at Growing Up Gifted at United Square. I never thought I would become one of those KIASU parents but I guess things change as I see the environment that my children are born into.
I am thinking of getting both kids on the Shichida waitlist as well. KIASU KIASU KIASU. No, it is an investment. Same as investing in property.
Started a "good girl" chart for Renee where she gets one smiley face if she behaves well. Rewards are McDonalds, ice-cream, new slippers, presents, etc etc...seems to be working, except for Sunday when she dunked my phone into a pail of water....hmm....yup, I am now using my old phone.
Check out my handiwork. Still searching for ideas and pictures of meaningful rewards for Renee.
Being a Mummy, cannot resist spending on toys now and then. Check out this handyman set that I bought for $10! Made in China: Pliers and screwdriver are already broken! Note to self: spend a bit more to buy better quality toys that will still work when Russell is old enough to play with them!
Russell and Renee have a great rapport. He giggles at all her antics and delights in her off-key singing. He looks at her in awe as she prances around singing "Peace-see-Lord", wishing he could do the same perhaps. She enjoys being the big sister: "cannot scratch jie jie, cannot pull Mummy's hair, di di smile". It is these moments that I reflect and thank my lucky stars for such great children.
3rd child? Maybe......
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment