Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Economy sux BIG TIME!

Been MIA for some time huh?

For those that are totally clueless, the property market is spiralling downwards. For this reason, we will be taking it easy on our property search. At first, I was totally upset at Eugene, I didn't speak to him for two days. But there is no denying that it will not make sense to buy a house now when the prices are going to tumble even further. So, we'll just have to stick it out at my in-laws for the time being, hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

Renee's been having a ball because her grandparents always give into her ways. The last few outings we had, my meals were totally ruined because she will create chaos and in public it is difficult to discipline her. Eugene and I have agreed that we need to close our eyes and ears and just let her cry it out. I tried it today and after a while, she stopped her tantrum. It will be hard to convince my inlaws to do the same though. I am afraid one day she may love them more than she loves us as she can always find "shelter" with them. I suppose this is one of the things we've got to put up with when we are staying under someone else's roof. Anyone's got advice on this?

Here's Renee when she is in a "controlled" environment - at home. Totally goodie.

Here she is in public. Cheese on her nose. YaKun. Milo spilt all over the floor. The guys next to us left pretty quickly. Think they were terrified of her.

Oh yah, I think some of you know we bought a small place at Tanjong Rhu that we intend to rent out. However, we might consider squeezing our family of 4 into it. After cleaning it out, it looks totally liveable. Bright and breezy and a great convenient location. Hmmm....

2 comments:

karen :) said...

Wah, you guys seem to be a pro in this property thingy.

Anyway, i understand what you mean by disciplining your kids. To be frank, i would have let them cry it out. Must be thickskinned. I already did tt with Athena :P

littlepeoplebigpersonalities said...

Ai-yah, if really pro, we'd be millionaires by now, but we aren't, so.....