Three weeks into our stay here at Upper Paya Lebar, I have had close encounters with a couple of "friends", like cockcroaches, lizards and BIG ants. However, nothing prepared me for my face to face with Mr. Rat. Ewwww........I was keeping my clothes before the rain started to pour when I heard a rustle. I thought there was someone standing by the fence but when I looked up, I didn't see anyone. I looked southwards and saw a BIG BROWN RAT. Thankfully he didn't pounce on me but I scrambled back to the house and told my MIL. Wah lao, out she came and grabbed the bamboo pole I was holding. Lash, bang, crash and the little rodent ran back and forth trying to avoid her attack. She said she managed to hit him on the head which explained his inactivity after that. I think he was unconscious from the blow to his head. Two hours later, kay po me went out trying to locate the little fella. By this time he had woken up and scrambled to our neighbour's house when he saw me. Phew! Not the end of the story though. Close to dinner time, the back door was opened and the rat was climbing onto the gate!! Ew ew ew!!! MIL slammed the door shut and the rodent jumped off the fence and scurried off. Last night, I took forever to fall asleep as the sighting of a lizard hiding behind our bed after my bath, the squashing of a spider that had trounced my pillow the day before and the lasting impression of Mr. Rat stayed fresh in my mind. I have ruled out staying in a landed property for now. We need to find a condominium and stay WAY ABOVE ground level!!!!
Russell is the most innocent one, not knowing what the commotion was about. However, Renee saw my reaction and I think she has a fear for Rats. Or is it curiousity?
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
OMG.. LIZARDS!!!
ya I know....ewww....for cockcroaches, MIL will catch it and behead it with her bare hands....double ewww.....
haha that's what u get when u live on the ground.....
after the 1st bbq we had @ our shophouse, there was a big dead rat. i think uju killed it. needless to say, i stayed out of the courtyard until one of kai's friend came over to throw for me.
that was the one and only bbq....
Ewwww.... Rats!!! Gross.... i guess this is an aspect of landed living which never occurs to me. Now, you have changed my goal...condo, here i come. Hahhaaaa
Post a Comment