We have tons of toys and we have two baskets in the children's room and one basket at my in-laws. After playing with them, Renee doesn't ever put them back in the baskets. At my in-laws', my PILs will pick them up everytime, without even asking her. At home, I have to repeat it a few times and often I end up keeping them up myself, which is totally wrong I know!
Last night I decided to implement the "throw away" strategy.
"Renee, once i finish my bath, I will throw away all the toys that are still on the floor, those that are already in the basket, you can keep. Keep them now."
Renee: "no I don't want". This back and forth went on for a good 5 minutes and finally I finished my bath and asked her one last time. She still said no. I went downstairs to get a plastic bag and headed back upstairs to stuff the bag with the toys to throw away. She just looked at me, she didn't protest, didn't cry, nothing! Hmm.....
After I finished picking up on the toys and loaded them into the plastic bag, I headed downstairs to put the toys somewhere she wouldn't be able find. She still had no reaction, didn't even try to stop me. Then she became really nice to me, but still didn't refer to or worry about the toys that I "threw away".
I will continue until there are no more toys. Unless someone's got a better solution?
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment