The weekend was great! Renee and I attended Chris and Christine's church wedding on Saturday, didn't bring Russell along as Eugene was in reservist (Renee: why papa go and service car?) and I just can't imagine what I'd do if he couldn't sit still for an entire hour! We went to NSRCC for a BBQ that evening and Renee finally agreed to go into 5 inches of water!
Back track: in April, Eugene and I brought the two of them to the baby pool and while we were both focused on getting Russell into his float, Renee wandered off to the "deep end" and the whale float she was riding flipped. Till this day, I remember her expression, it is something I'm unable to shake off and I've had so many pool-related nightmares. Someone sent me an email some weeks after that warning of a tsunami in July and I had even more nightmares. I had to hold Renee in my arms and Russell with my legs while we plunged into the ocean aka Titanic and I woke up not finding out whether I let go of my babies!
So each time I can, I will encourage Renee to go the pool, but no chance. Basically, I needed to "wash off" the image of her falling into the water and replace it with happy moments in the pool.
ALRIGHT: It was for my sanity!!
Three months after the incident, we met Emma at the pool and it took 15 minutes of coaxing before she would step into 5 inches of water. YUP! Finally! But it soon turned dark and we had to get out.
Come Sunday morning, Renee asked to go swimming. Wah piang! Took the fastest route home to get their costumes and floats and headed to G's house for a good 45 minute splash-fest. The two rascals had a blast! Now, Mummy-me needs to go out to get a good float that Renee will feel comfortable in going in deeper than 5 inches of water!
Renee with BFF, Emma
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment