Finally!! After over a year of relying on milk to get Renee to sleep at night, I have completely cut out that habit and she falls asleep on her own. It wasn't plain sailing I tell you. There were lots of protests, yelling and screaming but towards the last part of this "cleansing" program, when she was calmer, she would listen to me and understand my promise. I promised that she would get her milk upon waking up every morning and she would nod her head like she was processing my words and just go to sleep. Wow. Powerful.
Now, I just need my MIL to understand that she really doesn't need milk every night to fall asleep. During dinner, she will insist Renee EATS EATS EATS because "Mummy not going to give you milk tonight, you know?" I feel like a thousand daggers heading my way, even though the words are not meant for me (or are they?). Hmm....
I vaguely remember how this darned habit started. Renee was only about 18 months and she wouldn't fall asleep when we had some guests over for mahjong. After an hour of resisting sleep, Eugene gave her a bottle and of course she welcomed it, she fell asleep promptly after that. So from then on, that horrible habit became part of our lives.
It was only recently that my good friend YY recommended us a book on sleep associations that I decided to start cut out the habit. It was bad for her teeth as well, having milk pooling in her mouth and not brushing after her bottle. I didn't read the whole book just the parts that were relevant to me but the parts that I did read meant a lot! So thanks YY!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment