Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tis the Season....

....to be sick! The weather, the viruses out there....all have taken a toll on all of us at Paya Lebar.

Last Tuesday, Renee started with a runny nose. Then she got better without medication. By Thursday, I was down with a sore throat, then on Saturday, Russell had a runny nose. Monday evening, Russell fell from our bed when my FIL turned to get a pair of pants for him to wear. Vomit. Ah-lah, all panicked. Tuesday morning after I left for work, he vomitted again. This time in-laws decided to bring him to Dr. Vas for a check. Well, turns out the vomitting was not due to the fall, there is this "vomitting flu" going around. By the time they left the clinic, MIL also kena. She vomitted at the food court and on the way home. So she went to see the doctor. My SIL is also down with a cough. By afternoon, Renee caught the "vomitting flu" too. All she could consume was water and it all came out within 5 minutes.

So you can imagine the scene when I arrived home yesterday (trust me, my bus ride made me feel like one of them) all flat out on the sofa, like wounded soldiers. Only my FIL was awake hanging up all the laundry. And the best part, he had only 3 hours sleep the night before as he was sending my SIL around to her stores till 3am.

I have had little sleep as I was watching out for Renee's retching throughout the night. At 11pm, she puked all the water on my back and our bed so I decided to reach for the peepee pot everytime she stirred - all the way till 6.30am this morning. Hmmm......yawn, tired is the word!

Hopefully I return home to a more pleasant sight today.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: