Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby Riley

Time flies...baby Riley is almost two months old, which means I haven't been updating my blog for more than 2 months too!! It's a combination of tiredness, lack of time and overall trying to maintain my sanity....

Riley was born on 29th of April 2011.... Which is the date I predicted. During my check up on 28th April, Dr Chen said I was already 3.5 cm dilated, I was actually surprised she didn't get me admitted that night. I went home and had the whole evening and morning to prepare myself, even had a last burst of energy to clean the house and do some laundry ha!

Anyway, labor was fairly short and within 4 hours of oxytocin being administered, Riley was out in 2 pushes, it was easy-peasey!! Both gynae and pediatrician encouraged me to have another because it was so easy for me. Riiiight!! Delivery is the easiest part....after that comes the sleep deprivation, engorgement, mediation of fights (between the two older kids on who gets to carry the baby first).....did I mention sleep deprivation???? Doing it at 35 years old is totally different from doing it at 30 years old!!! I feel so exhausted some days. Confinement food came from Newbaby and I got Kwek to give me 10 days of post-natal massage. Paid extra money for the ampoules for even quicker weight loss.

Both Renee and Russell began sleeping through the night when they went two months plus so I'm hoping to get some good sleep in the coming days ahead...please??

My sister-in-law is finally pregnant after years of trying. I cried when I heard the good news....my kids will have a cousin by December!!

Will try to load some pictures and update my blog soon.....

No comments: