Sorry folks, no chance to take any photos. We went to Renee's school on Saturday for Orientation Day. It was really early (I woke up at 6.45am to get everyone ready) but we were all in good spirits, so full of excitement!
After the presentation in the Music Hall, both R's and my in-laws headed to the grass field to play at all the stations (slides, play house, etc) while Eugene and I queued up to PAY MONEY. Yah, the school fees came up to $410 for one term, books and materials came up to $275 and the school uniforms came up to $44 for 2 sets and a PE suit for $12. That suddenly jerked me to reality. School uniforms? My goodness, my baby is only 3 years old leh and she's gonna attend a 5 day school! This is the start of her education for the next 18 years at least!
Anyway, after queuing up for almost 20 minutes, I was super pissed to find out I was in the wrong queue! Sheesh! What a waste of time! Proceeded to the correct room to pay money and collect the uniforms and by that time, it was 10 am. Thank goodness we were held back, because otherwise we would have missed the Speech and Drama presentation. I've been wanting to send Renee to Act 3 for classes but they're pretty expensive and far away. So, I'm happy that there is a Speech and Drama company teaching it at the kindergarten grounds. They had a interactive session, based on the story 101 Dalmatians. The kids had their face and arms painted with black dots but Renee didn't want to be painted on and just stood by the side. But by the time the drama play started, she was growling and hissing at Cruella together with the other kids. There's another $156 for ya!
1st day of school is 4th January 2010 and I'm gonna shed a tear or two for sure!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment