Had a panic attack the other day. MIL was asking why we are not putting Renee in Haig Girls' School in 2 years time. I started worrying about having her go to school so nearby. What if she brings her friends back home while we are still at work? Worry worry worry.
I had decided to put her in my old school CHIJ in Katong, but MIL was worried that they'd still have to drive down to pick up Russell and Riley. The timing would be all over the place. How how how?
I'll just have to filter these thoughts and not let it worry us too much!
Just like clockwork, after turning 5, I feel that Renee's matured somewhat. She's receptive to explanation and reasoning.
Just the other day, we arranged to watch a movie while inlaws took care of the kids. She said NO, CANNOT! Inlaws and Eugene started coming up with excuses, saying I had to work. She knows that I do NOT work on Saturdays so she didn't accept it. She became sticky and whiny and weepy. In the end I said I was going to watch a movie with Papa. Every week, she goes to school for 5 days and on Friday she is rewarded with a cartoon movie. I explained to her that Mummy also works hard for 5 days and wanted to reward myself by treating myself to a movie. She accepted the explanation! No more tears or whining!
Yesterday she asked me, "Mummy, you are going to the hospital right?" I said yes, not yet but yes soon. Then she asked me, "They are going to do something to your body right?" using her hard to gesture around her chest and tummy! MIL, Eugene and myself were like so dumbfounded! Really didn't know what to say! So I told her, yes, sort of! She's been flipping through my pregnancy books by herself!
I've also started toilet training Russell in the day. Yes I know, he's almost three and some kids are already toilet trained by now. But really, Russell wasn't ready for it prior to now. Some months back, when we started toilet training him, he'd think it was really funny and would run to the toilet every 5 minutes and laugh his head off. Now, he's more serious and actually conscious about peeing when we bring him to the toilet. He's also able to accurately say when he wants to go. Except for Saturday morning when he ran to me and told me he'd peed on the floor. I pulled down his pants and saw some poop stains as well. I was rather confused as I'd put on a pair of clean pants for him and he only said he had peed. When I questioned him about the poop stain, he remembered and told me, "The poo-poo dropped out of my pants!!" Ha ha! No diaper/underwear to contain the poop so it fell out of his pants and onto the floor!!
I hope he will be toilet trained by the time Riley arrives. Too many things going on at once! This will be one thing less to think about!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment