This year, because we were so busy with our move and unpacking, I feel like we had so little time to do our Christmas shopping. I'd been going for short trips to make some purchases after work while waiting for Eugene to pick me up. I can only carry that much!
On Saturday, we decided to go to East Coast to catch some prawns. It was either crabs, prawns or tilapia fish. I thought the prawns sounded much easier. After an hour and a half, we caught 5 prawns! Initially the kids were very excited and kept wanting to take over the rod but after half an hour, they just busied themselves with fighting and arguing.
Next morning, Renee insisted I make prawn porridge! I did so with carrots and brocoli and while the porridge was boiling, I added the head inside to make the broth really rich and colorful! Yummy! The prawns were very fresh so they were crunchy to eat.
Sunday, we had a long day. We went to Suntec for the kids' weekly lessons. While they were at class, I went to Toys R Us to finish my shopping. Horrible! Queuing up at the cashier was a nightmare! The cashier ran out of receipt paper and the lady in front decided to apply for a Star Card and split up her purchases into 3 bills! And this was at 1 pm where I was supposed to pick Renee from her Art Class! Geez! How very stressful! Thankfully the class hadn't ended so I rushed down to put the bags in the car. We had a quick lunch and sent her back for her Art Camp which lasted from 2 to 6 pm. I went for my pedicure while Eugene took Russell around. Apparently he fell asleep and dropped one of his slippers so I had to go meet them right after my pedicure to carry Russell while Eugene walked around Carrefour to look for the missing slipper. Instead of spending the time shopping, we were looking for a SLIPPER! and then queuing up at the Lost and Found to report the missing slipper!
Anyway, 4 hours passed really quickly with the search of a replacement slipper, buying gifts for relatives and queuing up (AGAIN!!) for lucky draw coupons.
All in, we were at Suntec City for EIGHT freaking hours. I was really aching all over by the time we reached home at almost 9 pm.
We had an early night after that!
On Saturday, we decided to go to East Coast to catch some prawns. It was either crabs, prawns or tilapia fish. I thought the prawns sounded much easier. After an hour and a half, we caught 5 prawns! Initially the kids were very excited and kept wanting to take over the rod but after half an hour, they just busied themselves with fighting and arguing.
Next morning, Renee insisted I make prawn porridge! I did so with carrots and brocoli and while the porridge was boiling, I added the head inside to make the broth really rich and colorful! Yummy! The prawns were very fresh so they were crunchy to eat.Anyway, 4 hours passed really quickly with the search of a replacement slipper, buying gifts for relatives and queuing up (AGAIN!!) for lucky draw coupons.
All in, we were at Suntec City for EIGHT freaking hours. I was really aching all over by the time we reached home at almost 9 pm.
We had an early night after that!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment