Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What do you do with your precious time?

Have some leave to take till the end of the year. I am trying as much as possible to take it on Monday or Friday so that I can bring Renee to class. She keeps asking me to bring her. Wow, powerful stuff, it convinces me that all my time spent with her is worth it. On the opposite end of the spectrum, there's Eugene.


Daddy: "Do you love papa?"

Renee: "No, I love Mummy."

Daddy: "Papa bring you to school, want?"

Renee: "No, Mummy bring neh neh (Renee) to school."


I can't help feeling sorry for him but I guess that's what you get when one doesn't spend as much time with the kids. I know I can't be the only mother out there who has sacrificed her time and energy on her kids. I mean I'd rather watch TV and read the newspapers than

- create a cake on the Barney website
- count with Elmo on the Sesame Street website
- sing, "I love you" by Barney & Co
- sit down and color and draw fish with color pencils and marker pens (** see below)
- paste stickers all over the place
- cook fake food
- put puzzles together

but I guess I'll have all the time to watch TV and read the papers when the kids grow up and they no longer think I am the coolest person on Earth. Honestly, I am so out of touch with current affairs right now. I totally cherish my time with the two rascals, I don't look forward to the day when they prefer their friends to me. Am I crazy?

I am trying to get Renee to quit drinking milk before going to sleep, heard that it causes milk decay in teeth. So I talk to her when we are in bed, talk talk talk till she falls asleep. It is the most tiring thing at the end of the day when the lights are out, but I just keep talking and responding to her. Eugene would be gone before you can say goodnight. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ like a great big grizzly. No wonder he is missing out and not her favorite!

** Renee's latest obssession is coloring. Of course she can't color within the lines but that is perfectly fine with me! But my inlaws and Eugene are so particular about coloring within the lines. Drives me nuts man!

2 comments:

karen :) said...

Actually, i understand exactly how u feel. Same here as fabian doesnt understand why athena prefer me to him. They forgot abt all the time we spent with them rather than their computer and gadgets. Btw, can you tell ur MIL and hubby tt children of Renee's age will not be able to colour within the lines. It's a milestone which they can only do it at abt 3 ++ , i think. :P

littlepeoplebigpersonalities said...

will do ma'am!! thanks for the backup!!